This episode of Business Talks features Tim Fitzpatrick, who joins me to discuss how business owners can simplify their marketing strategy to better promote their company and feel more in control and less stressed along the way. We discuss why so many small business owners fall into the trap of over-complicating their marketing strategy, and what they need to focus on in order to develop an easy to follow, agile marketing plan that drives meaningful results for the long term.
Some of the topics we discussed include:
- The 3 components to Tim’s “Marketing Trilogy” that you need in order to create a foundation for your marketing plan that will help you decide what key areas to focus on to drive real, sustained growth for your company.
- How to plan out a simple marketing strategy that helps your company achieve its goals and keeps you focused on the key metrics that will help you get there.
- Why most business owners struggle to keep their marketing plan simple and how over-complicating your strategy will only make it harder to promote your business.
- Our thoughts on what digital marketing channels to focus on (such as social media, paid traffic, SEO, email marketing, content production, etc.) and where each fits into your marketing strategy. We also discuss what areas of marketing new businesses should focus on when they first get started.
- The benefits of putting in place marketing systems to make promoting your business a simple, repeatable process that saves you time and energy.
- How to choose what to focus on in your marketing strategy to ensure your message reaches your target audience and impacts your company’s bottom line.
This episode was a lot of fun to record and includes some great insights across a lot of areas of digital marketing that will be sure to help any business. If you constantly feel like your overwhelmed and always trying out new marketing tactics without any results to show for them, this episode will put you on a path towards a better, simpler marketing strategy.