Welcome to another episode of Business Talks! On today’s episode, I’m joined by my good college friend Tyler Yaccarino. Tyler works for an IT company here in New Jersey, so I figured he’d be a great guest to have on to discuss what both small and large businesses need to know about online security, data protection, and the technical parts of making sure their website is fast and secure. While IT can be complicated, Tyler does a really great job of keeping everything simple and easy to digest. Hope you like it!
Some of the Topics We Discussed Include:
- An overview of the IT field and what key things businesses need to understand about IT today to ensure their technical infrastructure supports their business goals and that their data is safe and easily accessible.
- Why companies should be taking IT seriously, and what are some of the pitfalls and potential dangers of not taking this seriously.
- How the work from home shift in the workforce has impacted businesses’ IT operations and what updates businesses should consider making to their IT and security systems as a result.
- Website security – common security issues all websites face (especially WordPress) and what people can do to protect their website. This segment features some easy updates you can make to your WordPress website to have it be much more secure.
- Website hosting – How different types of businesses should approach hosting and what the pros and cons are for the different types of website hosting solutions out there.
- Lastly, we touch on the changing world of digital marketing and why now more than ever a businesses website’s technical performance matters for SEO and ensuring people have a good user experience
If you want to connect with Tyler, check out the below links.