This week’s podcast covers the top 5 marketing strategies that any small, locally owned business can put into place to get found online in their local area, drive more in-store foot traffic, and increase customer loyalty. The strategies and tactics discussed in this podcast will help any business owner or marketer working for a local business to focus on the highest ROI marketing actives for their company so that they can make the best of their resources and start seeing results fast.
Two brief disclaimers – While all of these marketing strategies will work, they only do so if your business offers a good product and has a clear idea of who its customers are. Marketing is all about connecting your products or services to the end consumer. If you’re product/service is no good, people will quickly find out and begin to ignore your promotional efforts. And if you don’t know who you are selling to, then you won’t be able to craft a unique message that resonates with your customers and entices them to take action.
As long as you’ve got those two things covered though, you will get a ton of value from this podcast.
Here is a brief overview of the 5 local marketing tactics covered in this podcast:
- Local SEO – Why it matters and what things you can start doing right now to have your business show up on Google when people in your local service market search for the types of services and products you offer.
- Website Optimization – How you can ensure that your website is set up as a marketing hub and sales machine that helps you sell more products, book more appointments and provide valuable content to visitors that turn strangers into customers.
- Content Marketing – The mindset shift you need to make to understand the importance of consistently producing high-quality content so that your company can build goodwill and authority with the types of customers you’re looking to reach.
- Referral Programs & Customer Rewards – While not a true digital marketing tactic, this is one of the biggest opportunities for local small businesses that many still overlook. If you’re looking to build brand loyalty and get your current customers to promote your business to their friends and family, you will get some ideas for doing just that.
- Digital Ads – Lots of small businesses avoid making the investment into paid online advertising. This is a big mistake. Discover why running ads via Google or Facebook is your best bet for getting local residents to your website and bringing in new business.