Welcome back to another episode of Business Talks! For this week’s show, I interviewed my good friend Ethan Shapiro – a real estate broker and entrepreneur based in Boulder, Colorado. Ethan is an Associate Broker with Caldwell Banker and is the world’s first Climate Change Realtor – pledging to donate 50% of all his profits towards organizations that work to mitigate the most devastating effects of climate change.
Some Topics We Discussed Include
- Ethan’s Real Estate Company and his “Why” for starting it. We dive deep into his marketing strategy, which has a lot of moving parts and combines direct outreach, traditional tactics, and social media marketing as well so he is always in front of prospective clients.
- Why we started our businesses and the mindset that led us to take the leap
- Our experience going to business school and whether or not we think it’s worth it still
- Personal finance and investing advice and why everyone who is young and just starting their careers needs to be hyper-focused on making smart money decisions
- The value of reading books on a regular basis and why it’s critical to always be learning so you can grow your business
- Our experiences traveling and how the experiences you have from it can impact your personal and professional life to help you figure out what you want to do
Overall it’s a great conversation and if you like real estate and entrepreneurship, you are going to really enjoy this episode. Ethan puts out a lot of content online, so make sure to check out his own Podcast “Changing The Climate” and his YouTube channel. You can also learn more about him online at ccrboulder.com