Today’s episode of Business Talks features two members of the band Green Knuckle Material – Dan Kee and Daniel Ravenda – who join the podcast to discuss the business side of being in a rock band. If you’ve ever wondered how bands need to manage their operations and financials so they can record new music and go on tour, you’re going to dig this episode.
Some of the topics we discuss include:
- The origin story behind Green Knuckle Material and how all of the current members of the band came to be
- What the business operations look like running a band – recording music, booking shows, going on tour, and selling merchandise. Plus, what the 5 streams of revenue are for bands and how GKM plans to leverage all of them in the future
- How the streaming music model on Spotify and Apple Music works and how it fits into the bands larger strategy
- How Green Knuckle material has used Facebook Live to continue connecting with their fanbase while not being able to play live shows during the pandemic
- Other digital marketing strategies GKM has used to grow their online following and generate revenue
- Future plans for the band and what each member’s goals are for it, along with the biggest misconceptions about being in a band
You can check out Green Knuckle Materials music with the links below. They’re currently working on a new album, the first song of which “Tired of the Lies” is set to release in late October.