Joining me for this week’s episode of Business Talks is Joseph Fung - a serial entrepreneur who has founded multiple sales companies and is the CEO & Founder of Uvaro, a tech sales career accelerator that helps equip people with the skills they need to have a successful career in B2B tech sales.
Joseph and I had a great talk about how to approach sales in the 21st century. To successfully sell in today’s business environment, you need to focus on your prospects’ needs, wants, and desires and provide helpful content to educate them on your products and services.
Only once you have built a relationship with them can you begin to push for the sale. By listening to this episode, you will discover how to go about creating a helpful, ethical sales strategy that educates your prospects with helpful content that will make your sales strategy much more effective going forward.
Some of the Topics We Discussed Include:
- The top 3 sales areas all salespeople should be continuously practicing to increase their effectiveness and build better relationships with their prospects
- How to produce helpful marketing content that can aid your sales efforts so that you don’t even feel like you are “selling”
- What the sales generational challenge is and how experienced salespeople can adapt to the new environment of selling to be more successful going forward
- The relationship between sales & marketing, and how these two departments can approach working together in a modern way to close more deals
- Tips for selling online over video calls and how to build relationships with prospects even when you are not physically present with them
- Helpful sales tools that can improve your online selling ability and how to set up a CRM so that it is best used by your entire company
- Towards the end of the interview, we also discuss entrepreneurship and how to create a successful company culture that can scale as your company grows
If you liked what you heard from Joe, make sure to check out his company’s website Uvaro to discover how they help people transition into a successful B2B sales career. And if you are looking to learn more about sales, check out the Uvaro YouTube Channel.