Nikhil Varma is an Academician, Entrepreneur, and Designer of Blockchain-based business models. He is currently involved in several technology startups and serves as an Associate Professor at Ramapo College of New Jersey. He holds an MBA & PhD from the University of Montreal.
In this podcast episode, my former college Professor Nikhil Varma joins the show to discuss the impact that Blockchain, Decentralization, and Cryptocurrency will have on the business landscape in the years to come.
Professor Varma has been giving lectures on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency years before these subjects became so popular. As such, I thought he would be a great guest to have on to explain the key concepts behind blockchain and the transition from Web 2.0 to 3.0 and the impact this will have on businesses and society in the near future.
If you have been hearing a lot about these topics and want a clear overview of what this all means, you are going to get a lot of value from this interview.
Some of the Topics We Discussed Include:
- Blockchain basics - What is a blockchain, how it works, why this is so important
- Decentralization - Key concepts behind decentralization and why this is such an important technological development
- The Effects Blockchain Will Have on Specific Industries - After discussing the concepts behind blockchain and decentralization, we talk about specific ways it will impact businesses in industries such as finance, marketing, real estate, and insurance
- The Transition from Web 2.0 to 3.0 - We discuss what Web 2.0 is and how the internet is transitioning into a new stage of its development called Web 3.0. Nikhil explains what the major differences are between them and how blockchain/crypto is driving this change
- Crypto Currencies - The difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum (and the different use cases each offer) and the future of cryptocurrency over the next 5 -10 years
- Applying This Information - What people (especially young professionals) who are interested in blockchain/crypto can do to get involved in these coming changes
To keep up with Nikhil Varma’s latest thoughts on Blockchain, you can connect with him on the below platforms.